June 12, 2014 - James Webb

  • Episode: 10118
  • (0)

Ted Cruz drops his Canadian citizenship, Led Zeppelin faces a plagiarism lawsuit, Hans Beinholtz discusses the World Cup, and James Webb talks "I Heard My Country Calling."

>> Stephen: WELCOME TO "THEREPORT."

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR JOININGUS.

WHAT ARE WE DOING?

[AUDIENCE CHANTING "STEPHEN"][CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]

WELCOME TO "THE REPORT."

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR JOININGUS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

WHAT AN EVENING.

NOW, FOLKS... FOLKS, I GOT TOTHANK YOU FOR BEING HERE.

IT'S BEEN A GREAT SHOW SO FAR,BUT BEFORE WE GO, I WANT TO

UPDATE YOU ON MY ONGOING WARWITH AMAZON.

LAST WEEK I BROKE THE STORY OFSOMETHING ABOUT ME.

YOU SEE, AMAZON IS IN HEATEDCONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS WITH MY

PUBLISHER HACHETTE. AND ASLEVERAGE, AMAZON IS PREVENTING

PREORDERS AND

DELAYING SHIPMENT OFHACHETTE'S MOST POPULAR AUTHORS

INCLUDING ME.[AUDIENCE BOOING]

OH, DON'T MAKE ME UNLEASH THESEDOGS.

FOLKS, THIS ISTERRIBLE.

I AM ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS.

AND IT'S NOT JUST ME.

BECAUSE OF AMAZON'SSCORCHED-EARTH TACTICS, MORE

PEOPLE ARE GETTING SCREWED THANIN "FIFTY SHADES OF GREY."

SO I TOLD AMAZON C.E.O. JEFFBEZOS, IT'S GO TIME, LEX LOSER.

BEFORE I KNEW IT, MY COURAGEOUSSTAND CREATED A FIRESTORM ALL

OVER THE INTERNET, AND UNLIKERIHANNA, I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO

SHOW SIDE-BOOB.

I EVEN OFFERED.

NOW, I DON'T KNOW IF YOU KNOWTHIS BUT I'M GREAT GUY.

SO I DID THIS NOT JUST FOR ME,BUT FOR THE FIRST-TIME NOVELISTS

LIKE EDAN LEPUCKI, WHOSEHACHETTE BOOK "CALIFORNIA" COULD

NOT BE PRE-ORDERED ON AMAZON, ADEATH SENTENCE FOR A NEW BOOK.

SO I ASKED DO YOU GO TOCOLBERTNATION.COM AND PREORDER

"CALIFORNIA" FROM POWELL'SBOOKS.

NATION, YOU PREORDERED JUST AS IPREORDERED YOU DO.

AS OF TODAY YOU HEROS HAVEBOUGHT OVER 6,400 COPIES OF

CALIFORNIA.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]IN FACT, YOU HAVE MADE

CALIFORNIA THE NUMBER-ONE BOOKON POWELL'S FOR WEEKS.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU KNOW WHAT

WOULD REALLY SHOW AMAZON THAT WEWILL NOT LICK THEIR MONOPOLY

BOOT, OR ANY OF THEIR MONOPOLYPIECES?

IF WE PUT "CALIFORNIA" ON "THENEW YORK TIMES" BESTSELLER LIST.

WE ARE CLOSE.

NATION, I WANT YOU TO GO TOCOLBERTNATION.COM AND PREORDER

THIS BOOK LIKE AMAZON DOESN'TWANT YOU TO.

OR PREORDER IT FROM OTHER PLACESLIKE PARNASSUS BOOKS, POLITICS

AND PROSE, RAINY DAY OR GO TOYOUR LOCAL BOOKSTORE, WALK UP TO

THE COUNTER AND JUST CLICK ONTHE CLERK.

OKAY.

THAT'S WHY THEY'RE CALLED THAT.

AND TELL THEM, "I WANT TOPREORDER "CALIFORNIA" BY EDAN

LEPUCKI."

ACT NOW AND IT WILL HAPPEN EVENSOONER.

GOOD NIGHT.

NATION, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION,THERE'S NOTHING HUMBLE ABOUT MY

OPINION.

THIS IS TIP OF THE HAT, WAG OFTHE FINGER.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]FIRST UP, FOLKS, IT'S NO SECRET

THAT I HAVE ALWAYS FELT A DEEPCONNECTION WITH TEXAS SENATOR

AND JOE McCARTHY TRIBUTE HEADTED CRUZ.

[LAUGHTER]THERE'S ONE THING ABOUT SENATOR

CRUZ THAT BOTHERS ME.

IT'S HIS NAME, RAFAEL EDWARDCRUZ.

IT SOUNDS KIND OF, YOU KNOW,CANADIAN.

[LAUGHTER]IT TURNS OUT I HAVE EXCELLENT

CANADAR.

>> SENATOR TED CRUZ HASRENOUNCED HIS CANADIAN

CITIZENSHIP.

THE TEXAS REPUBLICAN WAS BORNNORTH OF THE BORDER.

HE DISCOVERED HE HELD DUALSHIPLAST YEAR.

>> TED CRUZ NOW OFFICIALLYALL-AMERICAN, SHEDDING HIS

CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP.

>> Stephen: SO A TIP OF THEHAT TO SENATOR CRUZ FOR HIS

GREAT SHOW OF PATRIOTISM.

IF YOU ASK ME, THERE'S NOTHINGMORE AMERICAN THAN NOT BEING

FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY.

WHICH IS WHY IT'S SO HARD FOR METO ALSO GIVE TED CRUZ A WAG OF

MY FINGER, BECAUSE THE WAY TEDCRUZ WENT ABOUT BECOMING A

NOT-CANADIAN WAS SO CANADIAN.

HIS CANA-DECTOMY WAS PERFORMEDWITH A SIMPLE CERTIFICATE OF

RENUNCIATION ISSUED BY THEGOVERNMENT.

A CERTIFICATE JUST SAYING HE'SNOT CANADIAN.

HELL, I GOT THOSE.

THE PRINTER IN MY OFFICE CHURNS'EM OUT 24/7.

I EVEN GOT A TWO-PLY VERSION INTHE BATHROOM.

COME ON, SENATOR, NO PIECE OFPAPER CAN WIPE THE CANADA OFF

YOU.

I'VE VISITED TORONTO ONCE 20YEARS AGO AND EVERY NOW AND THEN

I STILL SAY I'M SORRY.

NO, TO BECOME 100% AMERICAN, TEDCRUZ NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING

RADICALLY UNCANADIAN.

HE NEEDS PUNCH A MOOSE OR PAYFOR HIS OWN HEALTH CARE.

AND I CAN HELP.

I CAN HELP.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]I'M HERE TO HELP BECAUSE I'M A

TRAINED LUDOVICO THERAPIST.

I'VE ADMINISTERED CANADIANDEPROGRAMMING BEFORE.

JIM?

[SCREAMING]♪ IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK YOU LOOKED

AT ME♪ DROPPED YOUR ARMS TO YOUR

SIDES AND SAID I'M SORRY>> STOP IT! THIS IS SICK!

>> Stephen: NOW THANKS TOCONDITIONING, EVERY TIME HE

HEARS CELINE DION, HE BECOMESNAUSEOUS, LIKE A TRUE AMERICAN.

NEXT UP, FOLKS, I AM A HUGE FANOF LED ZEPPELIN.

I AM A SUCKER FOR THEIR UNIQUEMIX OF BLUES, ROCK AND DRUIDS,

WHICH IS WHY I AM SO ANGRY.

JIM.

>> IT'S ONE OF THE GREATEST ROCK'N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME, BUT

WAS THE INTRO TO LED ZEPPELIN'S"STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN" STOLEN FROM

THE 1960s BAND SPIRIT?

ACCORDING TO AN ATTORNEY FORSPIRIT'S FORMER LEAD GUITARIST,

THE ZEPPELIN CLASSIC SOUNDSSTRIKINGLY SIMILAR TO SPIRIT'S

SONG "TAURUS."

>> Stephen: LED ZEPPELINIS BEING ACCUSED OF PLAGIARIZING

"STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN" 43 YEARSAFTER IT CAME OUT. THE

PLAINTIFF NEEDED TIME TO LISTENTO IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

IF YOU'RE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE'60s ROCK BAND SPIRIT, IT'S

PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU WERE NEVERIN THE '60s ROCK BAND SPIRIT.

BUT THE ESTATE OF THEIR LEADSINGER RANDY CALIFORNIA,

SEEN HERE, LOOKING LIKE THAT,CLAIMS THAT LED ZEPPELIN

RIPPED HIM OFF. YOU DECIDE.

HERE'S LED ZEPPELIN'S "STAIRWAYTO HEAVEN."

♪♪ ♪♪

[LAUGHTER][APPLAUSE]

NOW HERE'S SPIRIT'S SONG"TAURUS."

♪♪I DON'T KNOW WHAT LEGALLY

CONSTITUTES PLAGIARISM, ALL IKNOW IS THAT THEY BOTH MADE ME

WANT TO COUPLE'S SKATE.

[LAUGHTER]SO I HAVE NO CHOICE TO GIVE A

WAG OF MY THINGER TO MY FORMERHEROES, LED ZEPPELIN.

I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE THINKING,MAYBE IT'S A COINCIDENCE.

AREN'T YOU BEING A LITTLE HARDON ZEP?

WELL GREG, EAT HOT FACT.

>> TAURUS WAS RELEASED IN1968 THREE YEARS BEFORE

"STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN." JIMMYPAIGE SAYS

HE WROTE IT IN A COTTAGE INWALES BACK IN 1970. BUT A LAWYER

REPRESENTING RANDY CALIFORNIA,WHOSE BAND TOURED WITH

LED ZEPPELIN IN 1969, SAYS PAIGESTOLE THE OPENING RIFF.

>> Stephen: AND IF THAT WASN'TENOUGH, PAIGE ALSO APPARENTLY

STOLE THE NECK FROM ONE OFSPIRIT'S GUITARS.

WELL, THIS "COMMUNICATIONBREAKDOWN" HAS LEFT ME "DAZED

AND CONFUSED."

IT'S A REAL "HEARTBREAKER,"BECAUSE I HAD A "WHOLE

LOTTA LOVE" FOR ZEP.

BUT "HEY, HEY, WHAT CANI DO?"

IN HERE, THE "LEVEE HAS BROKEN,""BLACK DOG."

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]NO LONGER...

NO LONGER WILL I CELEBRATESEPTEMBER AS ZEPTEMBER.

I'LL HAVE TO MAKE DO WITHROCTOBER, TULLVEMBER, STONESUARY

AND BARCH.

[LAUGHTER]SO, ZEP, THAT'S IT.

INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO YOU, I'MGOING TO LISTEN TO SPIRIT'S "12

DREAMS OF DOCTOR SARDONICUS."

♪♪ ♪♪

[LAUGHTER]OH YEAH,.

OH, YEAH, I'M EVENTUALLY GOINGTO GET INTO THIS.

JIMMY, CRANK IT UP.

NOW CRANK IT DOWN.

ALL RIGHT.

NOW JUST CRANK IT OFF.

[LAUGHTER]WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]>> Stephen: WELCOME BACK,

EVERYBODY.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

NATION...

[AUDIENCE CHANTING "STEPHEN"]I CAN'T FIGHT THE LOVE-NAMI.

NATION, IT'S NOT WHETHER YOU WINOR LOSE, IT'S WHETHER I WIN OR

LOSE.

THIS IS THE SPORT REPORT.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]FOLKS, TODAY MARKS THE START OF

THE 2014 SOCCER WORLD CUP INBRAZIL.

AND I AM FEELING THE SOCCEREQUIVALENT OF EXCITEMENT.

MEANING I CAN'T USE MY HANDS.

NOW, UNFORTUNATELY THIS YEAR'S1-1 TIES ARE GOING TO BE MUCH

LESS THRILLING BECAUSE FIREWORKSAND VUVUZELAS HAVE BEEN

FORBIDDEN FROM WORLD CUPSTADIUMS.

[AUDIENCE REACTS]WHAT THE CUP?

THEY'RE TAKING AWAY MY FIREWORKSAND THE THING I SHOOT MY

FIREWORKS OUT OF?

NOW HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PASSTHE TIME IN BETWEEN THE PRE-GAME

RIOT AND THE POST-GAME RIOT?

THAT ISN'T THE BIGGEST PROBLEMHERE.

TEAM U.S.A. IS FACING ANUP-PITCH BATTLE.

>> TEAM U.S.A. CONTINUES THEIRBUILDUP TO THE WORLD CUP.

>> THEY'RE UP AGAINST A LOT.

AMERICA WILL COMPETE IN GROUP"G" WITH GERMANY, PORTUGAL AND

GHANA.

>> THEY'LL FACE SOME OF THEIRTOUGHEST OPPONENTS IN THE FIRST

ROUND, SO BAD IT'S BEING CALLED"THE GROUP OF DEATH."

>> Stephen: YES, THE GROUP OFDEATH.

AN AFFILIATION GERMANS HAVE BEENTRYING TO GET AWAY FROM FOR

ABOUT 70 YEARS.

NOW, FAITH... FACED WITH THISCHALLENGE, TEAM U.S.A.'S COACH

STEPPED UP AND SURRENDERED,SAYING, "WE CANNOT WIN THIS

WORLD CUP BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ATTHAT LEVEL YET.

REALISTICALLY IT IS NOTPOSSIBLE."

[AUDIENCE REACTS]YOU DON'T THINK AN AMERICAN TEAM

COULD WIN?

WHAT KIND OF AN AMERICAN WOULDSAY THAT?

TERMS OUT A GERMAN ONE.

BECAUSE TEAM U.S.A.'S COACH ISJUERGEN KLINSMANN, A GERMAN

SOCCER STAR SEEN HERE BEINGGERMAN.

[LAUGHTER]HE ALSO SAID, "WE HAVE TO PLAY

THE GAME OF OUR LIVES SEVENTIMES TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT."

SO WHAT?

SO WHAT, JURGEN, WE CAN PLAY THEGAME OF OUR LIVES SEVEN TIMES.

HELL, THEY DID IT EVERY NIGHT ON"FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS."

WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, FIELDMARSHALL BUZZKILL?

THAT'S NOT THE AMERICAN WAY TOGIVE UP BEFORE YOU BEGIN.

WHAT IF THE PILGRIMS HAD GONEBACK TO ENGLAND AND SAID,

"THERE'S NO POINT.

WE'LL NEVER KILL THAT MANYINDIANS."

I JUST DON'T GET THESE GERMANSOCCER PLAYERS.

HERE TO HELP ME GET THESE GERMANSOCCER PLAYERS IS GERMANY'S

AMBASSADOR TO THE UNITEDNATIONS.

PLEASE WELCOME THE HONORABLEHANS BEINHOLZ.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]NOW, YOUR EXCELLENCY, THANK YOU

FOR JOINING ME HERE TO DISCUSSTHE GAME.

>> THANK YOU, STEPHEN.

LIKE MANY, I HAVE WORLD CUPFEVER.

SMITTEN WITHIN THE TERRIBLEDISEASE

OF NATIONALISM AND COMPETITION,THE TWIN SEEDS OF WAR.

>> Stephen: YEAH, YOU WANTYOUR OWN TEAM TO WIN.

I ASSUME YOU'RE GOING TO BEROOTING FOR GERMANY.

>> YES, BUT WHAT IN TRUTH DO WEWIN?

THE WORLD CUP IS AN OPIATE OFTHE MASSES, A QUADRENNIAL

CELEBRATION OF BRUTE PHYSICALITYBY WHICH WE HOPE TO QUELL THE

NAUSEA OF THE HORROR OF HUMANEXISTENCE

GO, TEAM.

[APPLAUSE]>> Stephen: OKAY.

FINE.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE U.S.'S COACH?

WHY WON'T HE MOTIVATE OUR TEAM?

>> DO YOU MEAN LIE TO THEM?

TELL THEM THAT THEY ARE BETTERTHAN HE KNOWS THEM TO BE?

NEIN. TO LOVE SOMEONE

IS TO CONFRONT THEM WITH THEIROWN WORTHLESSNESS.

[LAUGHTER]>> Stephen: THAT HELPS?

>> IT HELPS THE LITTLE LEAGUETEAM THAT I COACH.

[LAUGHTER]BEFORE EVERY GAME I TELL THE

CHILDREN, WE CANNOT WIN. OURSCORE WILL BE MEAGER.

WE WILL SUFFER AT THE CRUELHANDS OF THE BLUE GOPHERS, AND

EVEN IF WE WIN, VICTORY IS ONLYA FLEETING JOY THAT SOON

DISINTEGRATES INTO SORROW, EVENAS IN THE BEAUTY OF THE DAWN WE

GRIEVE FOR THE COMING DUSK ANDIN THE BIRTH OF A CHILD WE

SMELL THE ACRID STENCH OF THEGRAVE.

>> Stephen: THE HONORABLE HANS

BEINHOLZ, EVERYONE.

>> THANK YOU SO MUCH.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]>> Stephen: WELCOME BACK,

EVERYBODY.

MY GUEST TONIGHT IS A VIETNAMVET AND A FORMER SENATOR.

I'LL ASK HIM WHICH IS THE BIGGERQUAGMIRE.

PLEASE WELCOME JAMES WEBB.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]SENATOR, SENATOR, SECRETARY,

YOUR EXCELLENCY, WHICH ONE DOYOU WANT MORE, BY THE WAY, DO

YOU WANT SECRETARY, SENATOR?

WHICH ONE DO YOU WANT?

>> JIM.

>> Stephen: THAT'S A NICETITLE.

IS THAT SHORT FOR SOMETHING?

NOW, IT'S GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK.

THIS IS TWO, THREE, FOUR, IDON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES YOU

HAVE BEEN ON THE SHOW. IALWAYS LIKE

HAVING YOU ON BECAUSE YOU'RE AREAL REAGAN MAN.

YOU WERE REAGAN'S SECRETARY OFTHE NAVY, CORRECT?

>> RIGHT.

>> DID YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUTTHAT FOR A SECOND?

>>WELL I'M A LITTLE BIT MORETHAN A REAGAN MAN.

BUT I DID ADMIRE HIM A LOT.

>> Stephen: WHAT COULD BEBETTER THAN A REAGAN MAN?

WERE YOU THERE WHEN HE PUNCHEDTHE BERLIN WALL DOWN?

>> NO.

I THINK HE DID THAT WITHOUT MYHELP.

>> OK GOOD. A FORMER SENATOR INVIRGINIA.

ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE NAVYUNDER REAGAN.

YOU'VE WRITTEN TEN BOOKS.

MOST RECENTLY YOU HAVE A NEWMEMOIR CALLED "I HEARD MY

COUNTRY CALLING."

WHEN YOUR COUNTRY CALLED, WHATDID YOUR COUNTRY SAY TO YOU?

AND DID YOU PICK UP FIRST TIMEOR DID YOU PUSH "DECLINE."

>> ACTUALLY AT THIS POINT WEHAVE TO WORRY A LITTLE BIT MORE

ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE MAKEOUR CALLS AND OUR COUNTRY IS

LISTENING, THE N.S.A.

>> Stephen: BECAUSE THAT KEEPSUS SAFE YOU MEAN.

>> THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY.

>> Stephen: ARE YOU ATERRORIST?

>> NOT THAT I KNOW OF.

>> Stephen: NOT THAT YOU KNOWOF.

>> NOT THAT I KNOW OF BUTWE'LL SEE WHAT N.S.A. COMES UP

WITH WHEN THEY RELEASE THESEDOCUMENTS.

>> YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, YOUHAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

THEY KNOW EVERYTHING ANYWAY.

>> Stephen: OKAY. WELL IT'S BEENLOVELY TO HAVE YOU

GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE.

OK, YOU LIVED A LIFE OF SERVICETO THE COUNTRY.

WHICH SERVICE YOU'VE GIVEN TOTHE COUNTRY, WHETHER IN

GOVERNMENT OR IN THE MILITARY,HAS BEEN MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU?

>> THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THATI THINK I'VE EVER BEEN ABLE TO

DO FOR OUR COUNTRY IS SERVE ASA MARINE IN VIETNAM.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]THERE'S NO... THERE NO

GREATER HONOR THAN TO HAVE BEENABLE TO BE ENTRUSTED WITH THE

LIVES OF AMERICANS WHEN THEY'REAT RISK.

AND I'M VERY PROUD OF MY SON FORHAVING SERVED AS A MARINE IN

IRAQ TOO, BY THE WAY.

[APPLAUSE]>> Stephen: WHEN YOU WERE ON A

COUPLE TIMES BEFORE RUNNING FORSENATE AND AS A SENATOR, YOU

WORE YOUR SON'S COMBAT BOOTSWHILE HE WAS OVER THERE.

DID HE GET BACK SAFE?

>> HE DID.

>> Stephen: GOOD TO HEAR IT.

GOOD TO HEAR IT.

>> ALSO I'M REALLY PROUD FROMTHE TIME I ENTERED THE SENATE,

WE INTRODUCED THE POST-9/11 G.I.

BILL, WHICH IS THE BEST G.I.

BILL OUR VETERANS HAVE EVER HADIN OUR HISTORY.

AND THAT WAS GREAT MOMENT IN'08.

I WOULD THINK I WAS ON YOUR SHOWSHORTLY THEREAFTER.

SINCE THAT TIME MORE THAN AMILLION VETERANS FROM IRAQ AND

AFGHANISTAN HAVE BEEN ABLE TOGET A BETTER EDUCATION AND

IMPROVE THEIR LIVES.

[APPLAUSE]>> Stephen: NOW, YOU WERE ABLE

TO DO THAT.

NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE GET THINGSDONE IN CONGRESS RIGHT NOW, BUT

YOU WERE ABLE TO GET THAT G.I.

BILL THROUGH WITHOUT, YOU SAY,CUTTING A LOT OF POLITICAL DEALS

TO GET IT DONE.

>> WE DIDN'T CUT DEALS, BUT ITWAS NOT AN EASY LIFT.

LOOKING BACK ON IT, IT SEEMSLIKE A NO-BRAINER TO BE ABLE TO

GIVE THESE PEOPLE WHO SERVED,THEIR TUITION, BUY THEIR BOOKS,

GIVE THEM A STIPEND LIKE WE DIDFOR THE WORLD WAR II VETERANS,

BUT WE WERE OPPOSED ALL THE WAYTO THE VERY END BY THE BUSH

ADMINISTRATION.

>> Stephen: WHY WOULD YOU, IFYOU WERE IN THE SENATE, NOT AN

EASY CLUB TO GET INTO, AND YOUWERE ABLE TO GET THINGS DONE YOU

BELIEVE IN, WHICH ISN'T EASY TOGET DONE, WHY WOULD YOU NO

LONGER WANT TO BE ONE OF THE 100

MOST POWERFUL MEN OF THE UNITEDSTATES?

>> I THINK IT'S HEALTHY TO TAKEA STEP AWAY.

I'VE DONE IT FOUR TIMES IN MYLIFE.

I'VE SERVED FOR A WHILE. THEN ILEAVE AND GO WRITE

AND DO JOURNALISM AND THOSEKINDS OF

THINGS AND THEN COME BACK IN.

>> Stephen: ARE YOU THINKINGABOUT STEPPING BACK IN BECAUSE

THERE IS SPECULATION YOU WILL BETHE FIRST DEMOCRAT TO ANNOUNCE

HIS CANDIDACY FOR PRESIDENT IN2016.

>> I DON'T KNOW WHERE THATSPECULATION IS COMING FROM, BUT

I'M GLAD...

>> RIGHT HERE.

YOU SAID YOU WOULD NOT MAKE AVERY GOOD VICE PRESIDENT.

YOU SAID YOU WOULD NOT MAKE AVERY GOOD VICE PRESIDENT, AND

ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU TOP OUTAT SENATOR OR THAT YOU'LL ONLY

TAKE PRESIDENT?

THERE'S NOTHING IN BETWEEN.

>> IF I WAS GOING TO BEANNOUNCING FOR THE PRESIDENCY

TONIGHT, I WOULD AT LEAST HAVEWORN A TIE.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE][AUDIENCE CHANTING "STEPHEN"]

>> Stephen: I'LL WAIT.

>> I WOULD LIKE YOUR PAC LISTBY THE WAY.

>> Stephen: IF I GAVE YOU MYSUPER PAC LIST, THAT WOULD BE A

FEDERAL OFFENSE, FOR WHICHNEITHER OF US WOULD BE PUNISHED

IN ANY WAY. SENATOR WEBB THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR JOINING ME.

SENATOR JAMES WEBB, "I HEARD MYCOUNTRY CALLING."

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

THANK YOU, SENATOR.

>> Stephen: THAT'S IT FOR "THEREPORT," EVERYBODY.

GOOD NIGHT.

Loading...