Tip/Wag - Gun Edition - United Nations, Senate Republicans & Video Games

  • Aired:  04/10/13
  •  | Views: 33,904

The NRA lobbies against a U.S.-backed gun treaty, Senate Republicans fail to filibuster background checks, and Democrat Joe Manchin blames video games for gun violence. (6:28)

ACQUIRES SAND TECHNOLOGY.

[ LAUGHTER ]

NATION, IF YOU WATCH THIS SHOW

YOU KNOW WHEN IT COMES TO MY

OPINIONS I'M A STRAIGHT SHOOTER

WHICH IS WHY I NEED A 30-OPINION

CLIP.

THISCY SPECIAL GUN EDITION OF

TIP OF THE HAT WAG OF THE

FINGER.

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

FRIENDS, I HAVE LONG WARNED YOU

ABOUT THE THREATS COMING FROM

THE UNITED NATIONS.

THE WORLD EASE MOST POWERFUL

COMPLETELY IMPOTENT

ORGANIZATION.

THEY CLAIM TO PROTECT CHILDREN'S

RIGHT AND YET THEY HAVE UNDERAGE

WORKERS DOING THEIR

FUND-RAISING.

AND THEY MAKE THOSE KIDS TAKE

NIGHT CLUBS AS FIREFIGHTERS.

WELL, TONIGHT I'M GIVING A WAG

OF MY FINGER TO THE U.N. FOR

GOING AFTER WHAT WE HOLD MORE

PRECIOUS THAN OUR CHILDREN, OUR

GUNS.

>> THE UNITED NATIONS GENERAL

ASSEMBLY HAS OVERWHELMINGLY

PASSED ITS FIRST TREATY

REGULATING THE MULTIBILLION

INTERNATIONAL ARMS TRADE.

THE U.S. VOTED IN FAVOR.

>> Stephen: I CANNOT BELIEVE

THE U.S. VOTED FOR THIS THING.

THANKFULLY SOME HAVE OPPOSED

THIS MEASURE NAMELY, NORTH

KOREA, IRAN AND SYRIA AND

THEY'VE BEEN JOINED BY ONE BRAVE

VOICE.

>> THE NATIONAL RIFLE

ASSOCIATION HAS LOBBIED AGAINST

THE TREATY.

>> Stephen: THAT'S RIGHT THE

NRA HAS OFFICIALLY JOINED WHAT I

CALL THE AXIS OF FREEDOM.

[ LAUGHTER ]

OF COURSE --

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

OF COURSE, THE U.N. IS TRYING TO

CONVINCE US THAT GUN CONTROL

WILL MAKE US SAFER.

ACCORDING TO U.N. SECRETARY

GENERAL BAN KEY MOON THE TREATY

WILL HELP TO KEEP TERRORISTS AND

CRIMINALS AND THEIR LIKE FROM

ACQUIRING DEADLY ARMS.

YOU MIGHT THINK, STEPHEN, SOUNDS

LOOK A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE I DON'T

WANT EVIL PEOPLE TO HAVE GUNS.

WELL, GREG -- TO MAKE IT EASY

I'VE NAMED YOU ALL GREG.

[ LAUGHTER ]

IF YOU WANTED TO TAKE GUNS AWAY

FROM ALL EVIL PEOPLE, I SUPPOSE

WOULD YOU START WITH HITLER,

RIGHT?

PRETTY BAD GUY.

GUESS WHAT?

HE SHOT HIM SWFL A GUN.

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY HIS GUN

YOU ARE REALLY SAYING YOU WISH

HITLER WERE STILL ALIVE.

THAT'S YOUR POSITION, GREG.

THAT'S WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE

U.N. GUN GRABBERS.

MEANWHILE BACK IN WASHINGTON THE

SENATE IS OPENING DEBATE

TOMORROW ON A SECOND AMENDMENT

CRUSHING GUN CONTROL BILLS THAT

MAY NOT INCLUDE RESTRICTIONS ON

SEMIAUTOMATICS FOR MAGAZINE

CAPACITY BUT DOES INCLUDE

BACKGROUND CHECKS AND A COMPLETE

BAN ON HOLDING YOUR GUN SIDEWAYS

BECAUSE YOU SAW IT IN A MOVIE

ONCE.

>> I'M GIVING A WAG OF MY FINGER

TO THE SENATE REPUBLICANS.

LAST WEEK KENTUCKY SENATOR AND

HOME BIRTH CAUTIONARY TALE RAND

PAUL PROMISED WOE FILIBUSTER

THIS BILL.

NOW THE REPUBLICANS HAVE COLD

FEET BECAUSE 85% OF THE GUN

OWNERS FAVOR UNIVERSAL

BACKGROUND CHECKS.

WELL, OF COURSE OWNERS ARE OKAY

WITH BACKGROUND CHECKS.

THEY'VE ALREADY GOT THEIR GUNS.

[LAUGHTER]

THE SAME REASON I SUPPORT A

MANDATORY HERPES VACCINE.

I'VE ALREADY HAD MINE.

BESIDES THE ISSUE IS GUN

VIOLENCE.

WHY DO WE KEEP TALKING ABOUT

GUNS?

NO ONE HAS THE COURAGE TO TALK

ABOUT THE REAL PROBLEMS, AND

WHEN I SAY NO ONE I USUALLY MEAN

JOE SCARBOROUGH BECAUSE THIS

MORNING HE HIT THE HEAD ON THE

NAIL.

JIM?

>> WHY DON'T YOU SAY SOMETHING

TO PEOPLE MAKING BILLIONS OF

DOLLARS MAKING VIDEO GAMES WHERE

YOU SHOOT DOWN, YOU MURDER, YOU

MAUL 1,000 PEOPLE A DAY.

BECOMING MORE AND MORE WARPED,

MORE AND MORE TWISTED, MORE AND

MORE DESENSITIZED.

>> Stephen: WATCHING SOMETHING

OVER AND OVER AGAIN CAN MAKING

YOU FORGET THE DIFFERENCE

BETWEEN FANTASY AND REALITY.

FOR INSTANCE, SOMETIMES I

MISTAKE "MORNING JOE" FOR A NEWS

SHOW.

JOE IS RIGHT, FOLKS, TODAY IN

AMERICA IT'S LEGAL FOR ANYONE

REGARDLESS OF MENTAL HEALTH AND

CRIMINAL HISTORY TO WALTZ INTO A

WAL-MART AND BUY UNLIMITED CALLS

OF DUTY.

THE ONLY SAFETY THEY COME WITH

IS AN IMPOSSIBLE TO OPEN

PACKAGE.

[ LAUGHTER ]

I ALWAYS END UP USING MY GUN.

[ LAUGHTER ]

SO I'M GIVING A TIP OF MY HAT TO

EVERYONE WITH THE COURAGE TO

FACE THE REAL PROBLEMS, FAKE

GUNS.

IT'S AN ESPECIALLY BRAVE

ARGUMENT CONSIDERING RESEARCH

HAS FOUND NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE

THAT MING VIDEO GAMES RESULTS IN

REAL LIFE VIOLENCE.

OH, YEAH, THEN HOW DO YOU

EXPLAIN ME THROWING MY Wii

REMOTE THROUGH MY TELEVISION.

DON'T SAY IT WAS MY SWEATY PALM

BECAUSE I ALWAYS TALC UP BEFORE

Wii BOWLING, EVERYWHERE.

I'M LIKE A TURNISH DELIGHT.

[ LAUGHTER ]

OF -- TURKISH DELIGHT.

[LAUGHTER]

JOE AND I ARE NOT ALONE IN

BLAMING THE VIDEO GAMES SOX ARE

DEMOCRATS LIKE CALIFORNIA

SENATOR AND MARGARET THATCH TER

HAIR LOOK ALIKE DINAN FEINSTEIN.

>> HOW COME YOU ARE NOT LOOKING

AT THE VIDEO GAMES THAT MY

CHILDREN SEE AND LEAD TO

VIOLENCE.

>> Stephen: THEY ARE TO BLAME

FOR MASS SHOOTINGS.

I'M SURE YOU'LL SAY WHAT ABOUT

THE MASS SHOOTINGS THAT TOOK

PLACE BEFORE VIDEO GAMES?

SHUT UP, GREG.

CHARLES JOSEPH WHITMAN SHOT 16

PEOPLE FROM A CLOCK TOWER AFTER

PLAYING SCRABBLE.

AND IN 1915 A MAN SHOT 7 PEOPLE

DEAD BECAUSE HIS PARENTS TURNED

A BLIND TO HIS ON SESSION WITH

HOOP AND STICK.

HOOP AND STICK, I SAY.

CLEARLY WE HAVE TO CONTROL THE

GAMES BUT NOT REMOVE ANY OF THE

WEAPONS FROM THEM.

BECAUSE THAT MIGHT DESENSITIZE

THESE FRAGILE YOUNG MINDS TO THE

POSSIBILITY OF GUN DPLOAL THE --

CONTROL IN THE REAL WORLD.

THAT APPEARS TO BE A FANT SIX

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

Loading...