Benghazi Attacks Talking Points

  • Aired:  05/13/13
  •  | Views: 42,996

Greg Gutfeld calls the mainstream media "Obama's scandal condom," and ABC News obtains 12 drafts of the Benghazi talking points. (5:28)

Captioning sponsored by

COMEDY CENTRAL

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )

>> Stephen: WELCOME TO THE

REPORT, EVERYBODY.

GOOD TO HAVE YOU WITH US.

>> STEPHEN, STEPHEN, STEPHEN!

tephen: THANK YOU, LADIES

AND GENTLEMEN.

PLEASE.

SO NICE TO HAVE YOU.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

IT'S WONDERFUL TO BE WITH YOU

HERE TONIGHT ON MY BIRTHDAY!

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSEÑi ).

WOW.

BLIND ADULATION.

IT'S WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED.ñr

AND, FOLKS, WHEN I WOKE UP THIS

MORNING, THERE WAS ANOTHER

FANTASTIC GIFT UNDERNEATH MY

BIRTHDAY TREE.

AND, YES, I HAVE A BIRTHDAY

TREE.

WHY SHOULD JESUS BE THE ONLY

ONE?

AND THIS MORNING I UNWRAPPED A

BEAUTIFUL BOX OF CRIPPLING

SCANDAL FOR THE OBAMA

ADMINISTRATION.

FIRST UP, BENGHAZI.

HOW BAD IS IT, FOLKS?

NATION, YOU BETTER SIT DOWN AND

BUCKLE UP BECAUSE YOU SHOULD NOT

BE STANDING WHILE WATCHING TV IN

THE CAR.

NOW, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS WAS AN

UNQUESTIONABLE TRAGEDY WHERE

FOUR AMERICANS LOST THEIR LIVES

IN WHAT WE NOW KNOW WERE VICIOUS

TERRORIST ATTACKS.

BUT LISTEN TO HOW OBAMA

CALLOUSLY DESCRIBED THEM THE

NEXT DAY.

>> NO ACTS OF TERROR WILL EVER

SHAKE THE RESOLVE OF THIS GREAT

NATION.

>> Stephen: WHAT?

ACTS OF TERROR?

THEY WERE TERRORIST ATTACKS.

AM I THEçó ONLY ONE WH7D FEELS THISçó

WAY?

DARELL ISSA.

>> AN ACT OF TERROR IS DIFFERENT

THAN TERRORIST ATTACK.

>> Stephen: YES.Ñ

THEY'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

YOU SAY POTATO, I SAY WHAT DO

THE PO-TAH-TOE KNOW AND WHEN DID

HE KNOW IT?

NOW THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE

BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS STORY

FOR THE PAST SEVEN MONTHS HAVE

BEEN ME AND FOX NEWS.

BUT FROM THE REST OF TELEVISION

AND RADIO, SILENCE.

JIM?

>> ACROSS THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA

IT WAS A COLLECTIVE YAWN IN

RESPONSE TO YESTERDAY'S BENGHAZI

COVERAGE.

>> WHY ARE THE MEDIA IGNORING

NEW DETAILS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED

THE NIGHT OF THE BENGHAZI

ATTACK?

>> THE MEDIA IS REALLY PRESIDENT

OBAMA'S SCANDAL CONDOM.

NO MATTER HOW ROUGH THINGS GET,

NOTHING GETS THROUGH.

>> Stephen: GREG'S RIGHT.

THE MEDIA IS OBAMA'S SCANDAL

CONDOM AND NO MATTER HOW ROUGH

FOX NEWS SLAMS THIS STORY TO THE

HILT, THEY STILL HAVE REAL

TROUBLE INFECTING AMERICA WITH

THEIR NEWS HERPES.

BUT ACTS OF TERROR, TERRORIST

ATTACK, IS THAT REALLY THE

SCANDAL HERE?

NO.

THAT'S JUST SEMANTICS.

THIS IS ALSO ABOUT THE WORDS

PEOPLE USED.ñr

LET ME SET THE STAGE, FOLKS.

THIS ATTACK CAME TWO MONTHS

BEFORE THE ELECTION.

AND OBAMA COULD NOT HAVE AN AL

QAEDA ATTACK ON HIS WATCH WHEN

HE'S THE ONE WHO PERSONALLY

STRANGLED BIN LADEN WITH ONE OF

HIS SHOE LACES.

I BELIEVE THAT'S WHAT HEçó CLAIMS.

SO TALKING POINTS WERE GENERATED

BY WHO KNOWS THAT DID NOT

MENTION AL QAEDA.

WHO SCRUBBED THE MEMOS?

WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY JAY

CARNEY, DANCE FOR YOUR SUPPERWiÑi

>> THE WHITE HOUSE AND STATE

DEPARTMENT HAVE MADE CLEAR THATñrçóñr

THE SINGLE ADJUSTMENT THAT WAS

MADE TO THOSEñr TALKING POINTS BYñrÑi

EITHER OF THESE TWO INSTITUTIONS

WERE CHANGING THE WORD

"CONSULATE" TO "DIPLOMATICçó

FACILITY."

>> Stephen: WOW.

CONSULATEçó TO DIPLOMATIC

FACILITY.

WOW, THEY REALLY HAVE A WAY WITH

THE LANGUAGE EWEN IS.

SO THE WHITE HOUSE AND THE STATE

DEPARTMENT JUST CHANGED ONE

WORD.

HMMMM.

LET ME JUST CHANGE ONE WORD.

LIAR.

JIM?

>> TODAY ABC NEWS HAS

EXCLUSIVELY OBTAINED 12 VERSIONS

OF THE TALKING POINTS SHOWING

THEY WENT THROUGH EXTENSIVE

EDITS.

THE EARLY DRAFTS POINTED TO

EVIDENCE THAT AN AL QAEDA A FILL

RATED GROUP TOOK PART IN THE

ATTACK AND THAT THE C.I.A. HAD

WARNED ABOUT AL QAEDA THREATS IN

BENGHAZI.

>> THE TALKING POINTSHAMÑi

UNDERGONE 12 DIFFERENT REVISIONS

INCLUDING EXTENSIVE EDITS BY THE

STATE DEPARTMENT.

>> 12 CRAFTS.

THAT'S WORSE THAN A COVER-UP

FOLKS.

THAT'S OVERTHINKING.Ñi

YOU HAVE TO WRITE FROM THE

HEART.

AND THE REASON THESE TALKING

POINTS ARE SO IMPORTANT IS THAT

THEY TAKE US BACK TO THE MOMENT

THIS COVER-UP STARTED.

WHEN U.N. AMBASSADOR SUSAN RICE

WENT ON THE SUNDAY TALK SHOWS TO

SAY THE ATTACKS WERE

SPONTANEOUSLY INSPIRED BY THE

PROTESTS AT THE U.S. EMBASSY IN

CAIRO WHICH WERE OVER AN

OFFENSIVE YOU-TUBE VIDEO ABOUT

MOHAMMED BUT THANKS TO JONATHAN

CARL WE NOW KNOW THAT THE

ORIGINAL C.I.A. MEMO SAID THEIR

BEST GUESS WAS THAT THE ATTACKS

WErÑ SPONTANEOUSLY INSPIRED BY

THE PROTESTS AT THE U.S. EMBASSY

IN CAIRO AS DID EVERY OTHER

VERSION OF THE MEMO.

THAT DOES NOT HELP MY ARGUMENT.

SO FORGET THAT PART.

JUST REMEMBER THIS.

THEY TOOK OUT ANY MENTION OF AL

QAEDA AND REMOVED ALL THE C.I.A.

WARNINGS OF IMMINENT THREAT.

BOTTOM LINE.

SUSAN RICE WENT ON THE SUNDAY

SHOWS AND, FOR POLITICAL

REASONS, WAS NOT COMPLETELY

ACCURATE ABOUT SOMETHING IN THE

MIDDLE EAST.

YOU WOULD NEVER SEE A